A winner was selected on Friday, August 4.
Avvo, Inc. Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Avvo, Inc. Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States. Employees or agents of Avvo, Inc. (hereafter “Avvo”, “Company” or the “Sponsor”) its subsidiaries, affiliates and its promotional agencies are not eligible, nor are their immediate family or household members. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation Rhode Island.
- TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins 12:00 am G.M.T. on July 18, 2017 and runs through July 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). You are automatically entered when you successfully complete one of the Avvo hosted surveys during the Promotion Period. Upon your successful completion of your survey, you receive one (1) Sweepstakes entries. Alternative entries can be made by mailing a postcard with your name and email address to: Avvo, Attn: sweepstakes entry, 720 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, WA 98101. Postcards must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2017. The Sweepstakes has a limit of one entry per person, and thus any subsequent surveys that you complete do not earn you additional Sweepstakes entries. All surveys must contain accurate contact information as a condition of winning any a prize.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One potential prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing no later than August 8, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Sweepstakes Prizes will be allocated as follows. One grand prize winner will receive a 64GB Apple iPad Pro (ARV $649).
- NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Potential winners will be notified via e-mail address provided in their survey responses. Winners must accept a prize within one (1) week of notification via a response to Avvo’s prize notification email in order to claim the prize. Winners who fail to respond or accept within the allotted time period forfeit their prize, and Avvo will perform another random drawing to select a replacement winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will also result in disqualification and alternate winner selected. If any prizes are deemed by the jurisdiction of any entrant to be improper, Avvo may, at its sole discretion, replace such a prize with something of equal or greater value.
- ADDITIONAL RULES: Winning a Sweepstakes Prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these official rules. Avvo and its survey sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Any taxes, surcharges, fees, duties, or tariffs required to accept delivery of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Disputes as to the identity of a winner will be resolved, if possible, by deferring to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry as defined herein. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Avvo reserves the right to request that each potential winner provide Avvo with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Avvo that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Avvo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the survey portion of the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible survey entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. Avvo may disqualify any individual who, in its discretion, tampers with the entry process. Avvo is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Avvo is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AVVO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By entering into this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the entrants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the state of Washington, USA, and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state court located in Seattle.
- WINNERS LIST: The Winner(s)’ names will be available at https://support.avvo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003475223-Avvo-Inc-survey-sweepstakes, from approximately July 25, 2017.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Avvo, Inc., 720 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, WA 98101